I don’t know about you, but there is something amazing about a warm bowl of this Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice recipe. It’s full of flavor, and a perfect option for a one pot meal that everyone loves! This is a hit with everyone, plus it is super cheap, and that always appeals to my frugal nature!
Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice
Whether you are looking for an inexpensive meal for your family, or you are longing for a bit of Cajun flavor, this is a great recipe. It takes just a few minutes to prep, and is ready in under an hour. That’s my kind of dish!
Ingredients For Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice:
1 pound Andouille or Kielbasa sausage (pork & beef or turkey – use whatever you prefer)
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup red wine
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup dry kidney beans (or pinto beans)
3 1/2 cups broth (beef broth is richer, but any broth or even water works)
2 cups instant brown rice
Ingredients for Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons oregano
Directions for Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice:
Turn your Instant Pot to Saute then add in butter, onions, and red wine. Saute for 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
Add in the sausuage, beans, seasonings, and broth.
Tips for serving Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice:
This recipe is going to become a favorite. Not only is it most likely going to cost under $5 for the entire meal, but it is full of flavor. I make my own Cajun seasoning, but you can easily grab an already prepared mixture and use 2-3 tablespoons or less if you prefer a milder flavor. That’s another reason I love this recipe. You can so easily adapt it to fit your flavor needs. If your kids don’t like it spicy, you can leave out the cayenne and red pepper flakes.
Make this Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice recipe in under an hour and enjoy leftovers the next day for a great one dish meal everyone will love!
- 1 pound Andouille or Kielbasa sausage (pork & beef or turkey – use whatever you prefer)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dry kidney beans (or pinto beans)
- 3 1/2 cups broth (beef broth is richer, but any broth or even water works)
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- Ingredients for Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- Turn your Instant Pot to Saute
- Add in butter, onions, and red wine. Saute for 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add in sausage, beans, seasonings, and broth.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to seal.
- Set Instant Pot to Soup/Stew for 40 minutes on high.
- When cook time is over, manually release pressure then remove the lid.
- Stir in instant brown rice, and replace lid for 5 minutes leaving Instant Pot turned off. The existing heat in liquid with the lid on the Instant Pot will make sure the rice cooks through.
Keywords: Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice, pressure cooker, instant pot, red beans, rice
Shop my Favorite Instant Pot Tools & Accessories…