- 1 pound lean ground beef (can substitute chicken, turkey, pork, or sausage if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package penne or large noodle pasta
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jars marinara sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute and add ground meat stirring occasionally to cook until no longer pink, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add in bell pepper, onions, and garlic and cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until vegetables begin to become tender.
- Turn off Instant Pot and mix in tomatoes, seasonings, marinara sauce, and wine.
- Turn Instant Pot to Manual and adjust to 15 minutes.
- Add lid and set to seal.
- Once completed cooking, manually release pressure and mix in pasta and cheeses.
- Replace lid and set to seal. Manually set to 5 minutes.
- Once completed the second cooking cycle, allow to naturally release pressure.
- Stir and serve.
Keywords: Instant Pot Cheesy Pasta Casserole, pressure cooker, instant pot, pasta, casserole