Sorry for the delay in posts! I’m not sure what happened – life has been crazy! However, I’ve still been using our Instant Pot and I’ve been taking lots of pictures of what we’ve been eating–so I have quite a few recipes to put up and post including this Instant Pot Brownie Cake!
I will say that making anything dessert in the Instant Pot is just really bizarre to me; however, I had a craving for some chocolate and I wanted to experiment. Let me tell you, these do not disappoint.
In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate chips until melted (about 1 minute) then transfer them to a mixing bowl and add the sugar and beat until mixed.
Add egg and vanilla and beat until all is smooth. Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
I like to take square piece and just place it directly on all four ramekins (I discovered that you can only put four in at a time!) and you can even save that piece for future desserts 🙂
Place the top on and set to 18 minutes on high pressure and use the quick release function on your pressure cooker.
Shop my Favorite Instant Pot Tools & Accessories…
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (for sugar-free options, use stevia-sweetened chips)
- 2/3 cup sugar (for sugar-free options, use erythritol, can be found at most health food stores)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (gluten free option, use Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 baking blend)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (sugar-free option use unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- In microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and chocolate chips for 1 minute until melted.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and chocolate chips and sugar until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla then beat until blended.
- Sift flour and cocoa over the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Place rack inside of pot and add 1-cup of water to the bottom.
- Add batter to ramekins and place ramekins on top of the rack inside your pot. Cover the tops of each ramekin with foil.
- Set to high pressure for 18 minutes, quick release
- Top with powdered sugar