My kids are crazy for chicken wings. The problem with this is that my boys love all different types. My older son loves spicy, my youngest doesn’t like spicy and prefers bbq and our middle son will eat whatever! When you are making one dish for three growing boys, you really just want to make it and not have to worry about making everything different. These Instant Post Asian Glazed Wings were perfect for this dinner.
If you are on wing duty for a football party, everyone will love these. Lots of flavor with a little bit of sweet, lots of sticky sauce and your tummy will be happy!
The Asian sauce is a mix of Soy sauce, Sesame seed oil, Hoisin sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar and Ponzu sauce.
Put the chicken wings in your Instant Pot and Cook on high pressure for 4 minutes with the rack on the bottom. (note: If you are using fresh wings be sure to add 2 cups of water). If you are new to using your instant pot– you can manually enter the pressure time by hitting “manual”, the time will defaut to 30 minutes, you will need to bring it down to 4. Once you hit the desired time the pressure cooker will start automatically.
Add all sauces, brown sugar, lime, orange, garlic, ginger and the bottoms of the green onions (white part only) into a pot on the stove and let it reduce to about half. Turn the oven on 450.
Once the wings are done in the Instant Pot, you should release the pressure (turn the black knob to “venting” at the top of your pot. Be sure not to put your hands in the way of the steam)
Place the wings on a sheet pan, place in the oven for 10 minutes on 450.
Once your sauce is reduced, strain it to get rid of the pieces of ginger and onion. pour your sauce on the wings and place them back in the over for 5 minutes on 450 and serve!
If you want them spicy, you can add a little srichacha.
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Ponzu
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Juice of 2 Oranges
- 2 Bunches Green Onions (whites only in sauce)
- ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
- Splash Sesame Oil
- 2 x 2 Ginger, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, smashed
- 3-4 lbs frozen chicken wings
- Add Chicken Wings to Instant Pot with rack on the bottom, cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, turn oven on 450 degrees
- Add everything in a pot to make the sauce, reduce until liquid is half gone
- Take chicken out of instant pot and place them on a sheet pan
- put chicken in the oven for 10 minutes
- Once sauce is reduced and chicken is done, strain the liquid to get the ginger and onion out of the sauce.
- pour sauce on wings and bake for another 5 minutes, serve