It’s no secret that pressure cooking is NOT a new idea. However, what I knew of pressure cooking, when I was younger was that it was a pot with a top that sealed and a dial. I knew that you had to have it just right in regards to pressure or you would have a hot mess on your hands (literally) and a messy kitchen (or an injured you!)
7 Reasons My Instant Pot Makes Better Meals Than The Crock Pot
So you might be thinking.. WHY in the world would I want to take a chance with this thing. Well, I’m here to put your mind to ease! Long gone are the days where you have to babysit a stove top pressure cooker and hope you don’t blow your face up. There are programmable pressure cookers that do all that thinking for you! Matter of fact, I’ve been using one for my family for over 3 months now. I’m SO not an awesome cook like my husband and I have yet to have a bad meal (or an accident) with ours. Here are several reasons how pressure cooker meals have changed our eating– and why crock pots are a thing of the past!
- You have very few limits with a programmable pressure cooker. You can make roasts, stews, chicken wings, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and even cheesecake and brownies!
- The pressurized steam actually intensifies the flavor of your foods — your veggies taste fresher! Unlike the crock pot, where they have been cooked for hours and hours–they usually end up mushy and pointless as the nutrients have likely escaped with the long cooking times. In the pressure cooker, the yummy goodness doesn’t escape with the steam.
- Frozen meat? That’s okay! You can literally eat in less than 10 minutes depending on what meat you are cooking. Chicken Breasts are the fastest as we usually cook our frozen breasts for 7 minutes per pound.
- You can sear meats RIGHT in the pot! I don’t know about you but I love a good sear on my meats– Most programmable pressure cookers have a saute option where you can saute for as long as you would like to get that awesome brown on your meats then just hit the pressure cooking button and wait for your food! No more multiple dirty pans or pots.
- Want to make mash potatoes or applesauce WITHOUT cutting them into pieces and waiting HOURS for them to soften? You can literally pressure cook big veggies like this whole and have a great tasting mash potato dish within minutes of putting them in the pot. Check out how I made Spaghetti squash in under 20 minutes.
- No more over cooked, mushy meals. As long as you stick to the appropriate times for cooking your food– I repeat, you can.not.overcook!
- You can easily cook pasta and end up with a perfect al dente noodle!
Honestly, I can keep going with reasons as to why I love my Instant Pot. I’ve also eliminated my rice cooker AND crock pot because I don’t need them anymore.. which means LESS in my cabinets. If I’ve had a busy day running my kiddos around to activities, I don’t need to worry about not having food ready for them because I can easily find something to cook and have it ready in less than 20 minutes. 🙂
Have you been considering a pressure cooker? Do it! Then thank me later. 😉