This Simple Pressure Cooker Chili Verde was such a delight (even for those kiddos!) My kids were super skeptical when they saw it.. (I mean, who wants to eat anything GREEN? 😉 ) but once they tried it– they were asking for seconds.
This recipe also includes jalapeños, however you can omit those as they are what really make this spicy. Everything else was mostly for flavor and color. This recipe also calls for fish sauce, which really helps bring out the flavor.
Chili Verde in the Pressure Cooker
- 3 lbs bone-in Chicken Thighs
- 4-5 tomatillos, quartered, husks discarded
- 3 poblano peppers, roughly chopped, seeds and stems discarded
- 2 Anaheim Peppers roughly chopped, seeds and stems discarded
- 2 Serrano or jalapeño chilies roughly chopped, seeds and stems discarded (optional)
- 1 medium onion
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- Turn the Saute Function on and saute all ingredients for about 3 minutes or until chicken is slightly seared
- Turn on High pressure for 15 minutes
- Quick Release pressure and remove just chicken
- Use a hand blender to blend and season with salt
- Add chicken back to pot and shred if desired
- Enjoy with Corn Tortillas or eat as is.